Discover a quick and natural solution to recover blackened silver with this easy recipe.
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 tablespoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- soft cloth
- Line a bowl or sink with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Place the blackened silver pieces on the foil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the hot water, baking soda, and salt. Stir until the baking soda and salt dissolve.
- Carefully pour the solution over the blackened silver pieces, making sure they are completely submerged. Let them soak for 5 minutes.
- Using tongs or a spoon, remove the silver pieces from the solution and rinse them under running water.
- Gently wipe silver pieces with a soft cloth to restore their shine.
Note : Avoid using this method on silver plated or antique silver pieces, as it may remove the plating or damage the patina.
Go to the NEXT page to see more recipes