Discover two recipes to clean a burnt iron and leave it as new.
Lemon and Salt Method
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the salt over the burned surface of the griddle.
- Rub the surface of the griddle with the cut side of the lemon. Be sure to cover all affected areas.
- Let the lemon and salt mixture sit on the griddle for 5 minutes.
- Using a damp cloth, gently rub the surface of the griddle to remove any lemon and salt residue.
- Rinse the iron with clean water and dry it with a dry cloth.
- Turn on the iron and set it to a low temperature to remove any remaining moisture.
- The iron is now clean and ready to use.
Note : This method is effective for removing stains and minor burns on the iron.
Go to the NEXT page for more recipes